Delhi Police Constable Jobs
The Delhi police have announced notification for the recruitment to 4669 Police constable posts in 2016. The qualified candidates can apply online through the official portal www.delhihomeguards.nic.in. There are both male and female positions available. Applications are also received offline. The department does not yet announce the last date.
About Delhi Police Force
The Delhi Police is the moral law and order organisation for the National Capital Territory (NCR) of Delhi. The force was established in 1803 as a subsidiary of British Resident Imperial Courts. The Police Department of Delhi functions for the Indian Government under the Delhi State Governor.
Delhi Police Recruitment Details
Total Number of Vacant Posts: 4669
Vacancy Name: Police Constable
- Male Constable Vacancies: 3611
- Female Constable Vacancies: 1058
Age Bar: The minimum age limit must be 18 years. Candidates can get age relaxation age per the state government norms. Check the official notification for more information.
Educational Requisites: The Candidates must have passed 10th and +2 examination in any subject from a well-recognised board.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Date of Job Notice: 17th March 2016
- Starting date for the online application form: Not yet announced
At the time of Physical, Efficiency test records will be checked. Candidates don’t attach any documents with Police Recruitment application form. Candidates have to carry following documents at the time of verification for Delhi Police Recruitment 2016.
- 10th pass certificate from CBSE or equivalent board for proof of DOB.
- Education qualification certificate only forms recognised board.
- For proof of residential address you must have any of the following documents: (I) Valid ration card (II) Driving license from Delhi transport department (III) Voter’s ID card (IV) domicile proof certificate with residential address and photograph (V) Aadhar Card (VI) Passport (VII) Bank pass book with photo.
Delhi Police Exam Pattern
- Written Exam: The exam will be for 80 marks. Retired soldiers are exempted from the exam but have to qualify PET test.
- Physical Efficiency Exam
- For men- general/ ST and OBC: The minimum height should be 170cms. In this 5cms relaxation is given to the residents of hill areas.
- For women of general/ST and OBC: For Women, the minimum height should be 152cms.
- For men who belongs to ST candidates: The minimum height must be 160cms.
- For ST women candidates: The minimum height must be 152cms.
- The chest for Men who belongs to General and OBC: Without expanding 81 cm and with growing 85 cm
- The chest for Men who are scheduled caste and tribe: without developing 79 cm and with expanding 83cms.
- The chest options are not applicable to women.
- Weight should be in correspondence to Height and Age of for both men and females.
- For Male candidates, there are no weight criteria. But females should weigh more than 47.5 kilogrammes.
- Height: The height of male candidates should be minimum 165 cm and height of women candidates should be 150 cm.
- Race: The Male applicants have to cover 1000 meter running in 5 minutes 30 seconds and 800 meters for female candidates.