HPAS Mains Syllabus 2015
Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service has released the Competitive Examination syllabus. Candidates who have applied for the exam can visit the Official Website to download the HPAS Mains Syllabus 2015.
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
HPPSC conducts the Himachal Pradesh Administrative service Examination. It was formed on 8th April in the year of 1971. HPPSC works under the Act of 315.
Name of the Organization: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission.
Name of the Exam: HPAS CC Mains Exam.
Location: Himachal Pradesh.
Official Website: hp.gov.in/hppsc/
HPAS Mains Exam Pattern 2015
|2||Paper-II||Hindi in Devnagri Script||100 Marks|
|4||Paper-IV||General Studies Paper-I||150 Marks|
|5||Paper-V||General Studies Paper-II||150 Marks|
|6||Paper-VI||General Studies Paper-III||150 Marks|
Optional Subject (One):
HPAS CC Mains Syllabus
- Comprehension of English Language.
- Correct grammatical expression.
- Clarity and precision in expression.
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
- Hindi passages into English.
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language.
(i) knowledge / awareness of a variety of subjects and
(ii) their ability to compose a sustained piece of writing in the form of an essay.
This section contains 20 Multiple choice questions of 20 marks. The questions will be asked from History, Geography, Knowledge of current events of National & International importance, & socio-economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
- History of the world.
- Indian Culture.
- Modern Indian history.
- Socio-religious reform movements.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- Indian freedom struggle (1857-1947).
- Physical Geography.
- Important Geophysical phenomena .etc
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- The role of women, Population & related issues, Urbanization & their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
This section contains 20 Multiple choice questions of 20 marks. The questions will be asked from Political, Art & Culture and Economy of Himachal Pradesh.
Governance, Indian Constitution & Polity
- Indian Constitution.
- Functions & responsibilities of Union & the States.
- Separation of powers between various organs.
- Parliament and State Legislatures.
- Structure, organization, and functioning of Executive and the Judiciary.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts.
- District Administration.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi – judicial bodies.
- Important aspects of governance.
- The Role of Civil Service in democracy.
- India and its neighborhood relations.
- Important International institutions, agencies, and fora
- Issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, etc.
- Issues related to direct and indirect subsidies, etc.
- Land reforms in India.
- Infrastructure – Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Human Resource Development.
- Importance of Human Capital in economic development.
Statistical Analysis, Graphs & Diagrams
This part will test the candidate’s ability to draw conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form and to interpret the same.
Science & Technology
- Developments & Applications of science & technology
- Achievements of Indians in science.
- Modern trends in Life science.
- Human diseases & Microbial infections.
Biodiversity & Environment
Ethics Integrity & Aptitude including Problem solving & Decision making